6/25/2008


Congratulations to Dave for finishing the Relay across the USA. I know his team had some problems with flooding but they did a great job. Also a congratulations to all of the people that raced CDA i know they trained very hard, and are amazing people. I know the past few months of weather its been hot and i often find my self cursing and swearing if i am caught on the bike in a hail storm or doing hard run workouts in the heat, but often i see the tricowtown CDA group out training with big giant smiles so i cant help to suck it up for the duration of mine. Great work to everyone.
Friday i will be off to Buffalo Springs 70.3 i am excited it will be hot hilly and i know i will have some friends up there watching so i better step up. I feel great about how the last block of training has been going since Florida70.3 so i am excited. Carley is in town and she is great, its been a fun week and i am feeling even more ready to go with all of the meals that have been made and prepared. Sunday is her birthday so i have had a fun action packed week so far and i am trying my best to stay rested and off my feet. I can tell you a few things that aren't so great about her being here during a race week. She loves quaso and chips and i have been confronted allot by these lovely food choices but so far i have done well to avoid some of the damaging foods that could post a problem on the weekend. My eyebrows are still hurting from being made to have them waxed on the weekend, lets not forget that i am male, and swimming does count for showers. Oh well its great having her here for the week. I am not sure how i am going to get a birthday cake to lubbuck yet for her with out being wrecked by heat, and that leads me to my next dilemma of how i am going to get her something for her birthday, visit botanical gardens, go to 6 flags, go to hyenas comedy club, visit every mall in the metroplex and test queso out in every single Mexican restaurant before she leaves. And i forgot to mention get everything ready for the race, stay off my feet, work enough to not get fired, but those is my own battles, and i will survive, at least i have nice eyebrows, trimmed finger nails, and have now developed some sort of consitency in my showering patterns.
I will post some good pictures of the race and all of the adventures of the week and weekend in Lubbuck. Good luck to everyone going and drive safe, i know its not the most enjoyable drive.

No comments: