10/13/2008

Paluxy Pedal



Congratulations to Crowie for his big Win in Hawaii, it was wicked cool watching him put the hammer down and winning the crown. I have been lucky to know Craig for a couple of years and he is a first class athlete always willing to help out with media and always willing to take time to help other athletes and answer there questions. He was on fire and unstoppable, truly amazing and a huge inspiration.
This weekend was a great weekend, Saturday was a great stepping stone riding nearly 200kms at the Paluxy pedal, the first 80mile group ride was the hilliest ride i have done in my life, there is a picture of the wall or the start of the climb before it hits 19% and then the badge that a boy scout handed me at the top. I was hoping it was a gel he was giving me as i found my self off the front with 2 wicked fast roadies. But when he handed me the badge, it was way cooler then a gel would have been. It was great to be riding with some great riders, the Moritz cycling team was really doing a great job keeping the pace strong as well as some people from the Richardson Bike Mart. I did my best to represent Colonels and i tried to stay at the front 95% of the time, and i payed for it later on, but after the hilly 80miles i was out for another large loop averaging over 21mph for 6hours, with alot of climbing and wind.
What made this ride enjoyable was the company of Mcmanic and visiting Mikey, and also seeing all of the triathletes and cyclists i know out hammering for that period of time.
A special thanks to Willy (Pearl Izumi) for lending me a tube and C02 after i flated on a changed flat i repared. I was able to get it changed thanks to Willy and did my best to get back up to the group. After this weekend i am a firm believer that Texas Triathletes and Cyclists are the nicest people i have ever met. I think they are almost out looking for people in need of help just to be able to stop and help them out, amazing!
Sunday was spent training after a huge sleep that started at 7pm. I went out and met Dave near his parents place for a good long ride out and around the lake near grapevine/southlake area. It was then off to the pool to do a swim set of 30x50m pull. After the swim, it was a great dinner i was invited too, and it may take me this week to to burn off the meal but thank you to the Mcmanic family for having me over for a wonderful meal.
This week should be a fun filled week and then off to Colorado for Cousin Codys wedding.

1 comment:

:) said...

Man...21 mph for 6 hours is smokin'!

Great weekend...