1/17/2010

Domestique Diaries - There are benefits!

Not all triathlete ways of living leave me thinking to myself, “this only ever happens if you’re living with a triathlete.” Rather than skeptically pondering those frequent situations that make me laugh yet think, to the contrary sometimes my palate and stomach are left utterly satisfied and craving more of pure wholesome goodness.

After one of our errand scenarios, Brent baked the best/healthiest (in my opinion) cookies I have ever tasted. Watching him bake is a masterpiece. My usual baking occurs in a rush when I
have somewhere to go, I throw all the half hazard measured ingredients in a bowl mix once and place huge pieces on a cookie sheet. Brent, takes his time accurately measuring all ingredients, mixing when instructed to and making all ingredients combine together so
precisely. I usually delegate myself to clean up crew so I can watch Brent bake from the sidelines. Anyways the cookies were made with almond meal and coconut flour and had nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves in it. They were fantastic and a definite benefit of living
with a triathlete.

The finished masterpiece:



Halt! Then out of nowhere I came home to find this in the kitchen pan:


You know you’re living with a triathlete when:

-You always have fresh cookies on hand that you can eat for breakfast,
lunch, dinner and/or snack.

-You come home to find dinner still moving in the pan!

Happy Eating,

Carley

No comments: