3/01/2010

The Shack 10k



Another good week ended with the Shack 10k. The weather was supposed to be nice but turned ugly and Texas "cold" just in time. Congrats to all who raced the different distances! Carley threw down a 10k while representing with Canadian Colors.
For me on tired legs, cold weather and being February I am happy. William's GPS measured the course long (Bonus!), and on my watch at the finish I had 33:20, i will take it. I ran with William and Andrew, Andrew eventually dropped me a little over half way to take the win while William got caught by Carley (long story). The last 1.5 miles were very challenging heading up 7Th into down town for the finish. The pace averaged out to 5:23 pace for the 10k (ish). Next up is more training and.. more training and some serious Super Mario Brothers on the Wii with Carley. That game is addictive!
Let's A GO!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Man hows it going. Nice and warm here in FL. Should be in the 80's next week. offer still open to you all if you want to use the beach house over in Daytona.

Brent Poulsen said...

Hey Brandon,

How are things? it would be great to visit with you guys again. I should talkt to Justin and see if he is doing Disney? I am jealous of your temps, today its roughly 70 in Texas but its hit and miss. I hope training is going well?