8/19/2013

Rev3 Wisconsin Dells




Well better late then never. Last weekend I raced a rainy cold Rev3 Triathlon in Wisconsin Dells. It was my first time racing at a Rev3 event and I can’t wait to race another event again. I can’t believe how organized and professional it was.  Race morning came and it was another cold day that lead to pouring rain. My swim was good exiting with a group that had Kaleb VanOrt, Drew Scott, Chris Foster and a few others. The first few miles of the bike i was riding very well and then I nearly crashed going out on the first turn. It was raining and it made me very nervous and once i almost hit the deck I ended up taking it too easy on most sections of the race. My wattage was a lot lower than I wanted and I often was soft pedaling down descends and slowing way down for cornering.   My run was good even with a few insole issues that had me stopping trying to get the bunched up insole to flatten out in my shoe. All in all the swim and run was probably a pretty good estimation of where I am at right now. I look forward to the next 4 weeks of training to get ready for a couple more Olympic races. 


Athlete Country Finish
Pro Men:
Dye, Cameron US 1:50:55
Collins, Ben UM 1:51:48
VanOrt, Kaleb US 1:52:34
Cowan, Brooks US 1:53:08
Limkemann, Eric US 1:53:23
Leto, Kyle US 1:53:28
Thompson, David US 1:53:35
Scott, Drew US 1:54:29
Leiferman, Chris US 1:55:34
Starykowicz, Andrew US 1:56:00
Poulsen, Brent  US 1:59:20

No comments: