7/21/2014

Toronto ITU

Two weeks ago I raced the Toronto ITU event in Toronto, Ontario.  I came 25th after a better swim, hard ride and a slow-ish run. After a bad day at Huatulco WC it was nice to get back into it.  I wanted to do Magog ITU but I couldn't logistically make it work with visiting family and spending days trying to get my passport renewed. I did have the sweetest minivan for the week, which fit my assembled bike, bike box and all my crap. I did realize that everybody cuts off the guy driving a minivan, thinking  they aren't in a hurry.  I now have 4 weeks to prepare for the next race and I even have my TT bike back out getting ready for some non-draft action in September. For now I will focus on being brilliant at the basics.


After the race, I spent the week at my in-laws lakehouse on a secluded lake almost in the middle of nowhere. I had a 20 minute commute down a dirt road to get roads suitable to ride, and a 45 minutes commute to a pool. However, I had some of the greatest/hilliest dirt roads to run on right outside the back door, and the scenery wasn't too shabby either. I had to replace my sunscreen with bug repellent while running in the bush. Here are some pics from the week.

My morning view 


 Brown chair is a perfect spot for a morning coffee

Eating from a vegetable garden everyday, what a change!

Carley is catching me on the scale!

Catch ya next time

No comments: