11/07/2008



This week has sort of flew by since the last time i posted. It was an excellent turn out at the Meredith Hatch bike Rally and Chuck Burr and the rest of the amazing individuals that donated bikes did a great job. I know chuck has a wear house full of bikes that will be donated to kids at Christmas, so a job well done to everyone for coming out and showing support.
Saturday after a swim and the bike rally it was off for another 2.5hour ride with Mcmanic and nice guy we met from the Moritz Cycling team, i think his name was Erik but if iam wrong i am sorry. Anyway it was great to have some company on the ride. After the ride it was a short nap and then off to the Texas Longhorns vs. Tech game Party .* (what a game!)
Sunday was another great day with a 85mile hard ride with Mcmanic it was 30miles of Cruisey pace then 50miles at a hard intensity which worked out to be 24mph with the wind and hills, just over 2hours for the 50miles. A great run off the bike and some light stretching and a nap and the weekend flew by fast. My position feels great on my New Orbea, i am excited to put it too the test Sunday.
This week has been a fair amount of everything, i am not really resting much until tomorrow when i am in Houston.
A good tempo run, a good swim with 16x50m on 45seconds flipping 34-35's good consistent effort of race pace. Another good bike session with some 4min efforts at 270-300watts to keep the legs sharp for this weekend.
Core and strength has been really something that i will be focusing on during the off season leading into a big race season next year.
Last night at the gym i have been doing some AA type work to get my body back to the routine of strength.
I did some rowing to warmup then, single-leg press, leg extensions, abduction adduction exercises, leg curls, db squats, ropepushdowns, single arm cable curls, db bench press incline and flat, and some shoulder press routines. Each gym session has been different but really lite to get me ready to start strength after the next few races.
My core for the last couple weeks have been a few sessions a week usually pared up with strength or before swim workouts.
4x1minute of each exercise: Back Extensions, V-ups, Crunchs, side crunchs.
Then a few sets of bridge exercises with back on ball, then laying on floor with feet on ball and often trying to elevate one foot and hold balance. Then some bridge work on my elbows lifting legs and then on each side.
I have been doing a lot of neat roll outs on the ball and different exercises involving firing my hamstrings and using my core to iniate movements.
So the long story short is Alister has me working on the strength/core as i am weak.
The picture of the pancake or yam cake i call it is one i made this morning, i didn't eat all of it but i will eat the rest soon, it packs roughly 560cals and 120ish carbs. I will continue to increase my carbs over the next couple of days to make sure my glycogen storage's are adequate as i am not resting much i need to make sure i have fuel for Sunday.
I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend>

1 comment: