7/31/2007

In Ontario




Back in Ontario till Drummondville ITU Panamerican Cup. Also serving as our Elite National Championships this year. Training has been going fairly well, i seem to be recovered from my bonk at Vineman 70.3. Post Race Nutrition and Ice baths, massages and defiantly my compression tights by skins helped me recover from the race. On Thursday i flew up to Canada everything was well. Friday was our first annual sales meeting in Canada at the manufacture so there was some good training and lost of rest well i sat in some meetings, it was also great to spend the weekend with my girlfriend Carley who i only get to see once a month or so a little more lately.

Friday was a little hour run with some tempo work and then at night a 4k swim with a 1000m TT in a pool full of kids at a open swim at the YMCA. Its the last time i try and go to swim during the open pool swim. The TT went well Carley was there to give me splits, however i could still feel the aches and pains of training all week after a hard race on the weekend. I manage to hold under 115 pace which is okay based on the little kids and foam noodles i was dodging as well, as my googles came down on the dive. So all in all it was a good workout, and it was good end to the day, plus i had a bad ass bloodshot eye, that left me with blurred vision the rest of the night. I wonder what type of chemicals they put in the pool up here.
Saturday was my recover day of the week, usually not the case but i had to plan my training around the recover of the race and as well as the flights i had so saturday was a easy day of training and some more business meetings at a first class resort. Lots of great food and a boat cruise in the afternoon on the muskokas wasn't a bad day at the office. The rest of the weekend consisted of a 2.5hour brickworkout and some more core training on Sunday. I was happy with how the week went i managed to get in a lot of quality training the week after a 70.3 series race with two flights during the week.
This week so far training has gone well, i need to make sure i eat enough this week as i am still training at a good pace, and recovery wont happen untill the day or two before the race. Another important reason to eat enough is that Steve told me today if i had implants he would date me, so needless to say putting on a couple of pounds of glycogen wouldn't hurt, and i wont be confused as a chick when iam standing sideways.
Monday(yesterday)- Good swim Workout in the am with a mainset of 5x300m. In the afternoon it was a 50min trot with 5x2mins tempo with 1min easy. Most of the run was on a gravel trail in the heat so it was a good time.
Tuesday am- I had another good swim, with a lot of start speed and pace work, the volume will be coming down this week a little but not enough to fully recover.
The mainset was a good one:
6x50m on 50 d1-6
4x50m fast on 1min
100ez
2x100m fast
100ez
4x50m start speed on 1min
and i repeated that set twice with a big wu and cooldown.
This afternoon i will be on the bike doing some tempo work. After Drummondville i will be doing a race called hotter than hell. A Texas cycling race that is one of the hardest and hottest races in the country. I am defiantly looking forward to that. The Car at the top is dirty and yes dad it will hold your golf clubs. My dad likes fast cars so Matt and I are pushing for this one.

















No comments: