7/15/2007

Musselman ITU


Yesterday, July 14, 2007, I raced the Musselman ITU triathlon in Geneva NY. It was one of my toughest races of the season so far. The men's field was really big, and because the women started 15minutes before the men, we had to be out of the water 35 minutes before our race started. I warmed up in the water and by the time our race was set to start my body was shaking vigorously trying to keep warm. During the swim I thought I was swimming well and in good position up with the leaders until I got out of the water and realized I was 2 minutes behind the lead pack. I ended up biking by myself and got off the bike near the end of the field. I had a decent run off the bike considering I rode by myself.

Looking back on this race I'm still confused about the swim, but I feel fit and fast so I'm excited to race again soon. I also didn't have much of a rest week because of my upcoming 70.3 series race next weekend.

So overall, I'm going to hang up the ITU bike until nationals and saddle up on the TT bike because next weekend I'm racing a 70.3 race in California in hopes to qualify for 70.3 worlds. I managed to come 9th at my first ever 70.3 series race in Lubbock Texas so I'm excited to see how I do next weekend.

No comments: