9/20/2007

Back at It

After an easy recovery week and a lot of massage work from Tarp over at Sport and Spine, i started my first week of a 3 week build period. My feet have healed and i no longer need to wear bandages on my feet. With 2 months till World 70.3 Championships in Clear water it was time to get back at it.
Here is how it has gone so far.
Monday- a Threshold swim workout and a 1hour Tempo Run with 15mins at 510-520 per mile pace. It was a good day but back on the intensity train.

Tuesday- 2hour cycling workout with 1hour at a steady state of 140-150hrt at 24-26mph, then a 1hour section with 5x3min intervals pushing high power. It was a good ride and one thing i am going to do over the next two months is ride a lot and get ready for a fast run in clear water.
Also a technical swim on the day nothing too hard, 4k.

Wednesday- Run workout of the season so far for me i think. 5x1mile with 200 jogg recovery and a bit of chilax time but not much short rest intervals. ( 5:05,5:02,5:02,5:06,5:05) a good start to the day but with a big wu and cool down it was 17k of running. Regardless i am happy with those times. I am not sure if those are BAMF times i would have ask Jenkins or Dano.

pm- Recovery spin nothing too hard just loggin more miles, and re discovering some saddle sores from the last big block of training.

Thursday(today)- Good swim in am with a Challenge Threshold set of 4x400m and later on i am doing some hard power intervals on the bike to work on my strength and endurance. I will report on the bike workout my next post. I have a big weekend of training but the fun is only beginning. The boys are playing Chicago on Sunday so if i am not a sleep on the couch i will turn into that game to watch them go 3-0.

1 comment:

Daniel Wells said...

I think those are some BAMF times on the track Poulsen....solid run workout.

however, I think your boys will have a tough time winning against Chicago this weekend....but week 5 against my Bills might be a different story!!