9/28/2007

testing

No excuses anymore. Training is going well, Wednesday i finished up the day with a 90min spin and my legs were fairly sore from the mile repeats in the am. I was starting to feel tired but went to bed early and i was ready for another good day. I logged 4.5k swim workout Thursday am, it was solid but the real workout of the day was going to be my power testing on the compu trainer in the afternoon. The test went well it was a good 90min workout. We started at 150watts and went up 25watts every 3minutes. I posted great v02 scores and found out that i can push a lot of power at my threshold between 325-350watts which will be better evaluated in a couple of weeks when i test again. I finished up the test riding a few minutes at 400watts, which for me weighing 131-132 pounds made me pretty excited that i have improved my cycling. However now i need to man up and ride up to my physiology scores, i held 40+ at priarie man for 90km so in Clearwater i am hoping to be in good enough shape to ride 42-43 which will put me where i need to be.
Regardless i am currently on track however i think i am going to need surgery on some of my saddle sores that have now turned scars.
Last night was another early night to bed, today is a recovery day before a big weekend a head, i ran 3/4 of an hour this am and stretched and later this afternoon i have a massage. The boys are playing on sunday so after the madness is over i will visit my favorite place, "the couch".

1 comment:

Daniel Wells said...

well Poulsen, at least the Bills have a Win!! I'm looking forward to the game next Monday...Let's Go Bills!!!