6/15/2009

Kansas 70.3











Yesterday I raced Kansas 70.3. I had some GI problems on run and was forced to stop 4 times at the outhouse. I got off the bike in 9th and was excited for a good fast run coming off the bike with Simon Thompson(Olympian), Andrew Hodges, and James Hadley. After 1 mile i knew that my stomach was going to bring down my day. Those guys ran into 6th and 7th, which is disappointing for me moving backwards. Congrats to James Cotter for throwing it down and coming 4th. I think i was 12th pro but i know they are having problems with results and timing. Things happen and i am happy that i am cycling stronger setting myself in striking range of a top 5 performance. Getting off the bike i knew that i would be under 4 hours with a good run so things are starting to come along and i forced myself to jog it out in a 4:07 and finish the race. The next two weeks i will be taking a look at my nutrition and i will try to figure out what is causing the problem. Kansas 70.3 was a great venue with lots of challenging parts, and i hope i have to opportunity to race there again. My next race will be Buffalo Springs 70.3 June 29th.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job bro... Sux you had GI issues, but way to stay strong and finish well and improve upon your Florida time.... You are going to be unstopable after you get your nutrition in check and race at 100%.... Scarry strong dude, recover and rest well.

-Dan

Unknown said...

Hey Bro! Nice catching up with you in Kansas. Hope you find out a solution to rid you of your GI issues. Try carbo pro powder for all your calories.
See you at a future race. Good luck at BSLT.