7/13/2009

Race Update


Vancouver 1/2 Iron has come and gone. I took some risks and came 6Th (4:08). I could have played it safe but i wanted to lead the swim and work the first few loops of the bike trying to hold off a chase group and limit the time the leader was putting on me. I wanted to test my self and a test i got. My body has been a little bit tired from all of the racing but i wanted to make sure i had a good swim and a good bike to set myself up for some fast 70.3 racing coming up soon.
It was great too see some athletes that i haven't seen in a while and Jorden Rapp had a great race. I will try to blog the t.v showings of the race. The lifesport gang did awesome, and Subaru was amazing providing us with Vehicles. I would like to thank the Ladner family for hosting me in Vancouver it was a great experience.
Our team has a training camp over in Victoria starting today. The first day was pretty easy with a swim at the lake and a recovery session at Pacific Institute of Sports Technology. Tomorrow we will start hitting it again, so i will try to update a little more regularly with adventures.

Also, I would like to thank Carley for taking the time to give my blog a fresh new look! It looks great, I owe you one (realistically I probably owe you about 1000)!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk at the race site was Rogers Sportsnet on August 3rd for the TV coverage of the race. Congratulations.