7/20/2009

The Return of Super Saturday Suffer Sunday!



Everything in Victoria is awesome, except how my legs are feeling. Doug and Cathy Noel(home stays) have been wonderful hosting me for the camp and i am very grateful.
Saturday morning the workload and the half ironman started to catch up to me and i felt pretty tired. Luckily we had a run workout that was 6x1mile on 6:10, my first mile was okay 4:56 allowing me to get some rest but after that i felt like i was at a learn to run clinic. Simon, Adam, JP and AMac ran well and i was trying to keep a good honest effort. After the run session it was off to get some work done on the bike. Lance's 13minute time trial loop ended up being 13kms of hills so we did a 26km TT( i felt awesome) but after that we hit the observatory for 5 repeats. The climb is around 7minutes or so, thanks to Simon and Adam for setting a good strong pace to keep me working hard. I felt mangled after that ride but Justin and i still had a good strong run off the bike.
Sunday morning i felt like someone hit me with a bat all over. We started off Suffer Sunday with a 20mile run, i knew i was starting to get tired because i tripped over a stump trying to run around a group in Mt. Doug, no major damage but a swollen knee and elbow. After the run we hit the lake for a swim session, followed by another run.
Today started another big week in Victoria with an ice bath and a swim session. I still feel a bit rough but i hope it gets better. It's absoultly beautiful here in Victoria and i will try to take some scenic pictures on our next recovery ride.

No comments: