8/21/2007

Harder or Hotter than Hell

This week is going to be my third build week. I am starting to feel a little fatigue in the legs but it is expected with the volume and intensity i am putting out on a regular basis. This weeks plan is to get another big week of riding in with a cycling race on Saturday called Hotter than hell. The race will be 100miles and i am hoping to get into the A race that will mostly have cat1-3 cyclists in it. I don't hold a licence in the USA for cycling so i am still waiting to get into it. It is going to be a very hard race with the name reflecting the race, however i hope to be able to step up with all the volume in my legs.

Monday- Feeling a Little fatigued after a big weekend. I hit up a swim workout with the squad. The workout was 4kms with one of the mainsets 10x200descending. I brought it down to 2:23 long course which wasn't bad but i didn't want this to be my hard workout of the day. I went a little harder than i wanted to but i was leading a lane and had to rise or get run over. Oh well i reserved a little in the tank for my track workout in the afternoon.

pm- With another hot day, i hit the track for a little leg speed workout, the goal was to run 12x300m on 1:30 holding 51-52's. IT was very windy and i manged to hold a great average over the 12 with only 38seconds rest, which seemed to fly by way too fast. Oh well it was another good workout logged.

Tuesday(this morning)- emphasis this morning was speed/threshold swimming. Feeling a little fatigued in the water. I swam with the squad group this am, and i was planning on hitting a good hard swim with short rest. The workout ended up being 4.5kms and i defiantly hit the threshold plan for the day.
5x200m, 5x100m, 6x50m, and 800m pull breath control. I really hit the intervals, and tried to make the best of it feeling flat. Tonight will be an aerobic ride, nothing crazy just building up some cycling miles in the legs before the weekend.

No comments: