8/17/2007

Have a Feel Good Day


Have a Feel Good Day. Yesterday, Carley gave me a orange bracelet that says " have a feel good day". I am going to test it for a few days to see if it can transverse into "Hope your legs feel good day"! Because your going to hit a lot of training. So onto training. Tuesday where I left off I had a speed/threshold workout in the am that was 4.5 k with an ez spin on the bike in the afternoon. Wednesday morning is where the madness begins.
Waking up the plan was to do a big w/u and cool down, with a 5k Tempo in the middle. Well as we all know down here the heat can really drain you so doing a 5k hard after a long workout leads to a tough run. I ran 16:39 and got back into a big cool down, with a run of around 16k-18kms not too sure because i was a tad dehydrated on the long cool down. I am pretty happy with the 16:39 as my heartrate was extremly low. It would be badass if I could run this pace for my half off the bike in Clearwater. The rest of the day consisted of taking a nap at work and hitting a swim workout later in the day with Clay. The swim workout was pretty chills being 4.5k long with some 600's at pace, some fast 100's and some drills. I guess a little bit of a mixed bag of stuff. Now with my legs being fairly wrecked after a big weekend and long hard workout i was going to battle Thursday.
Thursday I did a 2 hour bike workout with a pyramid of hard efforts, also met up with Clay where he was doing some hill repeats and some single leg drills. We hammered some good hills and after the workout it was off to work, with a nice nap in the afternoon. Work is very chill this week as everyone in the USA is at the USA Gymnastics Congress which has a world cup event going on as well as a massive vendors show for anyone involved in Gymnastics. So we have a booth set up in San Jose, Ca and I opted not to go this year in order to hold down the fort here in Texas.
Anyways Thursday afternoon the madness starts again, i do a big w/u in the heat, being very tired; i toe the line just in time to run a 5000m trail run race down at trinity trail. The wind was howling and the rain began during the race. I ran 17:00 flat a very slow 5k however the legs were shattered and it wasn't the most pleasant experience running into a head wind. The couple of miles where very taxing and very slow, i didn't take a risk and run with the stud runner from Colorado who holds a PB of 13:40. Next week if I do this 5k again I will take more risks. Anyways a good effort regardless and another long cool down in pouring rain, and it was time for bed. Oh wait it was time for dinner but Carley who was cooking some pasta left the stove top on and wrecked shop on our dinner while i was out running in the rain. It is a long story but we ended up at Chili's restaurant for a black bean veggie burger.
Friday-Thankfully, today is a legs off day. After running two long runs with hard 5ks in the middle, and with all the biking lately my legs are taxed, I really need this recovery day. This morning i logged a swim workout that was 5k and involved a 1000 w/u, 1000(50fly,200fr), 1000pull paddles, 1000paddles, and 1000sw(d1-4 by the 250). I felt pretty good and i am looking forward to the afternoon of rest for the legs. Next week if the 5000 Trinity Trail race is in the program i am going to take some risks and try and run sub 16, like i should, i hope the weather will co-operate, and one thing i have learned from the heat, the longer you warm-up the more dehydrated and tired you are once you get to the meat and potatos of the workout. Oh well these longer run workouts will pay off as i am getting ready to run fast for 13 miles. Tonight is going to involve hopefully some great Texan Mexican food with Carley, that i hope will burn my mouth off, and then a movie and early to bed because i am logging another big weekend of training.




<-------- Catch yah later!!
Hope everyone has a "Feel Good Day"

No comments: