11/02/2007

1 week out and I crash!!!!


Well one Week out from Clearwater 70.3 World Championships and i crash during a training ride yesterday. I was finishing up a workout that was 6x5mins at race pace and on the last repeat flying down the road, i hit some sort of bump and the next thing i knew i was sliding along the pavement. After i got up shaking and cursing under my breath, okay maybe out loud, the song Mrs Jackson by outcast blaring in my ears from my ipod, i just had to sit and regroup. I rode about 15miles to wear i was parked luckily pretty close to home. My shorts were ripped in half and i had to hold them while i rode because my behind was hanging out of them. I couldn't put my other arm back on the bars, leading me to believe i may have a serious problem with my elbow. I had a few layers of clothes on luckily but my elbow is really swollen so i will know shortly how bad the damage is. Anyway it sucks crashing, and to make things worse it is one week away before a race i planned on peaking for. Well that's life. Other than that my training went really well this week.

No comments: