11/12/2007

DNF @ World 70.3 Championships Saturday

Well, I made it too Clearwater and I DNF'd due to a flat tire. There was a section in the road past mile 45 where there where tacks all over the road and i flatted. That is life and i am dealing with it mentally since it was out of my control. It may have been a pissed off person or it may have been raining nails, i don't know and i will never know.
The swim i took it fairly conservatively as my elbow was really sore and i didn't want to do any permanent damage until it healed. I came out of the water with a group containing Chris Leito, Chris Legh, Micheal Simpson and a few others. I know it wasn't a good start however, my heart rate was very low, and these guys are great athletes so i knew being a 1.5mintutes down on the Andy Potts group wasn't going to ruin my race. I rode fairly conservatively averaging 25miles per hour for the first 20 miles and averaged almost 30miles and hour for the second bike section. I was riding within my training zones so i could set my self up for a ripper of a run. Well i flatted. Later in the afternoon i ran some of the half course and felt good running. I want to thank everyone who supported me this season and especially leading into this event. I had a rough crash and a rough end to the season, but i know i built up a lot of strength and fitness which will lead into next season. Clearwater is a year away, and i am already excited to race on that course again. I will be racing a few run races and a few fun races over the next little while. If i can find some airline points, i may head over and race Laguna Phuket Triathlon. But if not the off season will begin.
Cheers for Now.

1 comment:

Mikey B said...

Brent, great job anyways. You will pull it all together soon. You proved that you can train very smart, hard and consistently which will pay off in the long run. I am glad you seem to be dealing with all the misfortune at the end of the season so well.

Cheers for the next race!