11/06/2007

Ice, Epson Salt, and Pain Killers

I would first like to send out my condolinces to Ryan Shay's family and friends during this horrible tragedy that took place on the weekend. My thoughts are with you.
Well last week i crashed. I have accepted it, and i have kept to the plan of tapering minus a little swimming. Unfortunately i crashed and i needed to have my elbow reset, luckily there was no fractures or broken bones that were going to stop me from racing in Florida. My range of motion isnt 100% but i am still very keen to race, and i am going to try and stay that way even when the road rash and elbow get in the way during the race. Thursday i leave to Clearwater and Saturday will be go Time!!!! you will be able to watch live updates at www.ironmalive.com.

The race plan is still the same to race hard and race smart, however i have a feeling it is going to hurt a little more with bandages and a swollen elbow.

Saturday wrapped up in bandages i did a little brick duathlon 4k,30k,4k, my plan was going to be a little sprint however i didn't want to get in the water. I wasn't sure how it was going to go my hip hurt, and it hurt to walk. Luckily the crash didn't hurt my running or cycling too much.
The brick workout went fine, i ran 13:31 for the first run, and it was a controlled half marathon heart rate and then rode 30k at 40kph and then ran 13:00minutes for the second 4k run. It was a good workout with a warm up and cool down and i am glad i could run still.
Sunday- was a little painful, short recovery run of 45minutes and a longer spin in the afternoon. Good solid day. With less than 1 week to go everything was going well except the road rash and lack of swimming. My elbow is looking better by the day and i am doing everything i can to make sure it is ready to go on Saturday am when we start the swim.
I did a tempo run yesterday where i was running a good 3:10-3:15km pace on the trinity trail and i am starting to really feel good as far as rest is concerned. This morning i did a brick workout that was pretty chills but included 7x3mins at race pace with 2mins easy and a little run off the bike. Tomorrow i am going to have my last push on the run, with a few intervals at the track and a swim workout, pretty light to test the elbow. I will report more from Clearwater and how the race UN-winds. Congrats to Simon, Tich and Brent for putting on great performances at Cancun World Cup. Cheers for now.

No comments: