1/09/2008

Back At It

Its been along time since i have last Blogged. I Hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday or happy holidays. I spent most of my break relaxing and playing allot of guitar hero with my girlfriend Carley. Not to mention i eat a lot of Christmas cookies and watched a lot of movies. It was some great times, however even though it was great seeing my parents and hanging out with Carley all day. I was getting sick of running in the snow, and i am happy to be back in the sunshine. The past weekend i was out for a couple of long rides and it was 80 degrees in Texas so i cant complain.
I am going to be spending the next 8-12 weeks building up and logging allot of miles to get ready for a big season ahead. I haven't yet decided but i will be racing a few duathlons later in that time period as some run races, and i will probably do a couple of early season races before i head down to St. Croix. I am still thinking about St. Anthony's at the end of April, but i will judge that on how my training is going at that time as it will be a big field.
Not much else to report on my mom has lost 30pounds and i all most didn't recognizer her, so that was great to see. Mom your doing great. My cousin Cody is in town for the rest of the week before he leaves Tuesday for his basic training in San Antonio so i am sure that will bring a few interesting stories later in the week.
Once i get all of the photos from the holidays from Carley i will post pictures of the adventures on here. I was going to wait to post when i had pictures but every few days i get an email from my dad with the heading BLOG????, today he actually had a date of when i last blogged just to remind me. So once i get UN packed and clean up my place a little bit i will start blogging regularly about how my progression goes during the winter.
Cheers for now.

4 comments:

Marci said...

I definitely hear ya on not liking the running in the cold and snow, its much better in the sun and warm weather. Good luck on building up on your mileage as the season will soon be upon us!

Daniel Wells said...

nice to see you back bloggin Poulsen.
How's Texas?

Brent Poulsen said...

dano things are good mate, happy new year, i am still trying to get over the cowboys loosing but i have graduated to hard on guitar hero so i have something to do instead of watching football

Brent Poulsen said...

dano drop me a line and let me know how ur doing. i still dont know how to blog properly
cheers,