1/16/2008

Here is a nice pic of Carley riding a sled built for a 2 year old. But the snow is giving me the shivers. Anyways not much new here, no secrets to training this winter, just a lot of mileage allot of hard work and allot of riding to get ready for the season. I am also back in the water with F.A.S.T so it has been hard swimming, there is two swimmers that have made the olympics already so the workouts will be hard all the way to trials and the games. I am going to swim with them a few times a week for hard specific stuff, and then do a couple of swims on my own when it is recovery or specific threshold stuff. There is nothing like going to a F.A.S.T workout when you want to do a recovery set because the workouts are two hours and usually alot of mileage.
Other than that not much else for the next few months.

I have been playing allot of guitar hero lately and i have up graded to hard so iam getting my but kicked but i killed all of the medium songs so the standard has been raised. I find it good recovery at night and it keeps me off my feet. Ryan your going to have a good battle when i see you next, except me and slash still have issues. Last night i picked up the new triathlete and in chapters i realized there is a bad picture of me in it on page 150 so a few people have made comments, and no i don't have a double chin it is the way i have my head tilted. Anyway there was a false start at Worlds therefore you see me running a little late on the line. I am already excited to start racing but i have a long hard winter a head of being able to ride with the strong guys at the 70.3 distance. I worked on my running allot last year and am ready to throw down a fast half off the bike, but unfortunately the guys like Chris Legh and Chris Leito and everyone else at the front can bike like animals.

I am trying to think if anything exciting has happened this week. But nothing has happened. I already have a lot of saddle sores. For all the people that read and are interested about some of the specific workouts i did all week.

I did a lot of riding, a good interval session long intervals alot of 2k's. One good swim set i did last week one morning was.

5x200 on 2:45 descending
200fast with 20rest
4x200on 2:45 descending
300 fast with 30rest
3x200on 2:45 descending
400fast with 40seconds
2x200m on 2:45 descending
500fast
big cool down.

it was a tough set especially on short rest, and i really tried to hit the fast swims.
I also had a 1000m TT on the swim during one workout.
So i am really going to commit to the 70.3 distance but this season i will make sure i eat enough and don't loose too much strength to suffer in the swim during ITU races.

Anyways i hope everyone is staying healthy and training hard.
Cheers

No comments: