9/29/2008

The legend

First off i would like to thank Doug and the Colonels staff and Orbea USA. For next season i will be riding a new Orbea bike and i am very excited. This is my first full sponsorship, that allows me not to have to pay for a bike, and gives me the chance to really step up and race and represent a local bike store and a Large Bike Manufacture. For this i am very grateful and excited to be riding a new Orbea very soon. So thanks again to Doug and his amazing team, i can't say enough about how much they have helped me out. That being said even though i have a few new companies coming on board for 2009, this doesn't give me the opportunity to sit back and think that i am a good athlete, i would like to one day be a great athlete but it takes a lot of hard work, and the more time i spend training smart and improving my lifestyle, the more i will improve.

Now this brings me to florida 70.3 where i was 7th and my goal for the race was to come top 8th. I have done an extreme amount of work to better this result, so this weekend i hope to come top 5 at Austin 70.3 triathlon. Muskoka i had some bad luck with a wetsuit and a flat tire, and forgetting my pedals, however i learned some valuable lessons and no matter how fit you are and no matter how much you improve, things will happen out of your control!
The past two months i have had a great training partner. The picture above is David Mcmanic, and he has been a great help in making sure my swimming gets up to par. He is a very modest athlete training for ironman, but fresh out of College and a great swimmer.

How great is Mcswimmer he is often Called?

5xHighschool All American, 6time Collegiate All American, 4x Collegiate All American (honorable mention), 3 x Individual Collegiate Conference Champ, 12xAll Collegiate Conference, Former College record holder in 400IM, and individual state champion, and he still holds Highschool records.

So all that being said, he has been kicking my butt the past little bit in swimming. Not to mention Friday during a set we were swimming 3x800m at a good pace, on the last one he got in my face and asked me, " Did you not feel like going with me when i made a move at 400m?" So needless to say he is keeping me honest and making sure i hit the goals for the key sessions, i was a little pissed Friday but he was right i should have went with him.

This picture above demonstrates tremendous hard work. I took this picture of David after i had already taken a nap and had lunch on Sunday. He did a 5.5hour ride and a 2.0hour run brick workout getting ready for Ironman Az. I road the first 3.0 with him averaging 35-37kph on a pretty hilly ride, so we were moving good, i ran 30mins off the bike fast but, he went back out for 2hours and then had a great run.
So thank you Dave for showing me how to man up the past few weeks, and thanks again to Doug in taking a chance with me in hopes to be a podium contender in 2009.

This weeks training was

17kms of swimming, 370kms of riding and 66kms of running. I will now have a fairly easy week as Alister will be getting me ready for Austin 70.3. I am looking forward to racing some great athletes like Brandon Marsh and Simon Lessing . * just to name a couple. My dad also flyies in to DFW thursday night to come to Austin for the weekend so it should be a great father/son weekend.

No comments: