9/08/2008

The Work is Done


This week was like Christmas here in Texas receiving lots of kewl goodies from Sponsors. Thank you to everyone, i received some training equipment a wicked bag for transition and traveling from Wicked Fast and a package from Life Sport. Very unusual to receive stuff for me as Carley usually sends stuff to Texas so i can bring it home with me so she doesn't have to pay shipping. When ever i get packages i cant wait to see what is inside but this week was nice not to find bras and underwear from Victoria Secret.

This week i had a great week of training and no it is time to rest a little bit so i am ready to go on Sunday. My Dad said to me the best about the race this morning, make sure your fit when you show up. Well i am as fit as i am going to be and i see best times during workouts all week so that is encouraging and now all i can do is show up knowing that i did the work. I have had great races in Muskoka in the past so i am very excited to race on this course. I am excited to spend a week with Carley and to have a good visit with my Family.

My parents just got a couple of cats, that apparently have found a liking for my old bed room and my Dad's Golf balls. I am not sure if my Mom named them Sushi and Sashimi like i asked but i doubt it. They think that they had a hard time with me growing up.
Anyways as far as training went this past week, it was a bit easier than the past few but there was a lot more intensity.
Monday- Recovery Swim, Chiro, Massage
Tuesday- Threshold Swim session with 200's 100s and 50's, good swim.
pm- Recovery Ride
Wednesday- Threshold Intervals on Bike, and a long base Run.
Thursday- Track Session 1km intervals, some of my fastest times of my life having to hold back on the last few not to go under 3mins. This is good for me because i have been doing alot of tempo runs and not so much shorter intervals.
Pm- Swim Session
Friday- Big Swim Session of 8x200m and 12x100m, i was swimming great and a good confidence swim for next Sunday.
Saturday- Tempo Run- ran 45mins at threshold pace, I had a great run, and the ice baths this week have helped make sure i could nail this session. With a warm up and cool down it was a great session. In the afternoon was a recovery swim. In the afternoon went to see the Movie Traitor. * good flick.
Sunday- long ride in the morning out by Praireman Race Course so at the end i could see a few of my buddies race.
Afternoon i had a strength swim session with a main set of 16x150m with 15sec rest, 6 pull w paddles, and the last 10 pull.
I am off to Canada on Thursday, for Muskoka70.3 on Sunday, i will post soon about the race and the adventures while i am there. There will be a lot of great athletes there, so i am even more excited to test my fitness level against some of the best in the World, but more importantly i am there to have a good time and to do my best with a smile, because at the end of the day i am doing what i love and i am living a healthy lifestyle.
Cheers for now

No comments: