9/17/2008

Muskoka 70.3

Well, it was not what i was looking for. Starting the swim, i haven't worn my wetsuit all year and had alot of problems and would have been better off swimming with out it as i didn't put it on properly and was servery restricted in my range of motion. I was out of the water not where i wanted to be, but managed to ride steady the for 65kms and moving up into 6th place before being passed and sitting in 8th place for a while behind Wolfgang. I wanted to keep Rj and Wolfgang in site so i could make a move on the run which i knew i was ready for but i flatted at 70kms. I didn't carry a spare so i was out of the race. I had a great weekend with Carley and a good visit with my family, but i had to shake off this race as i am still extremely bitter. My next race will be Austin 70.3 whe re i can hopefully get my top 5 finish i was looking for. I need to thank Ron for loaning me some pedals as i forgot mine in Texas when i left which indeed threw off my race prep and bike set up but i made the best of the situation. Austin will be a non wetsuit swim so i don't have to worry about my wetsuit fitting and i need to get into a different suit soon. Doug from Colonel Bikes is ordering some sick new tires for those Blackwell's so i will be in good shape for Austin and i will keep my fingers crossed for a good performance as i am in the best shape of my life.

Yesterday was a good training day, with a big swim session with 10x300m on short rest, swimming fast, so at least i know it wasnt my swimming fitness. I also did a long ride on my bike when i arrived in Texas. This morning was a great swim in the longcourse out door pool, with Team Ridglea, it was good to see Chuck and the team again.

No comments: