12/20/2008

bike still down





After arriving Wednesday night, i still have no bike. My ears are sore, really sore from listening to Carley yell at some poor man in India working for air Canada's baggage claims. I have never seen Carley get to crazy but i think having me wound up not being able to ride and UN-pack, she would really like me to have my bike to play with.
There are a few pictures of my trip, it was -4 f the other day day so that gives some Texans and the crew from the south a good picture of how cold it is here.
Mondays training was pretty recovery specific after a good weekend of training, and i have a light week planned to get back to Canada.
Tuesday was 3 good workouts in Texas with a Christmas party. One of the workouts was a fun fartlek of 5x6mins with 2mins easy, i did this on a trail, trying to run 5:15-5:30 pace for the intervals high zone 3, with a touch of zone 4 effort. The next workout was a swim session with some 500's aerobic, followed by a light spin and weights and core.
Wednesday- hard threshold swim in the morning, and the rest of the day was a travel day with a quick meeting in the airport with My uncle and Aunt.
Thursday- After arriving in Toronto, just north of orillia i did my first run in snow with a good buddy and a super fast runner Brandon Steele. After that i did some weights and core and then a spin on an exercise bike later in the day it was probably the longest hour of my life.
Friday- A long swim session with Masters and a continued road trip to Sudbury to Carleys house. So at this point i still have no bike and i am trying to arrange for it to get to Sudbury once it arrives in Toronto. It really amazes me on how they can lose a bike on a direct flight.
Saturday- 6k swim with masters, and a 2hour ride on my Schwinn stationary bike, which has become my new friend. I have a lot of names for it, but i would like my bike to arrive so i can at least watch movies and ride the compu trainer while i am here.
Tonight Carley and i just got back from watching Four Christmas's with Vince Vaughn. It was a must see movie.
Anyways i am really hoping my bike comes tonight or tomorrow, because all i can hear is airline music on the speaker from Carley having 4 lines connected with Air Canada trying to get through. The good news is, the box is in Toronto and is scheduled to arrive on a flight to Sudbury any time now. The other pic is of our Gingerbread house which is a yearly tradition Carley and I try to put together. It is pretty cruisey i know but after reading it has 220 calories per 32 servings i will not be eating it all after a long ride like i did last year. However, I must admit our Gingerbread house making skills are getting better yearly, and this is definitely our best house. I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and has better luck than me. Happy Holidays!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am starting to use the word "cruisey" and women are sexy when they get pissed off (not at us though)....leads to agression later :)

-William