12/10/2008

more of doing nothing


This past week has sort of been flying by. Training has been pretty low key so i don't have too much to discuss in those regards. This past weekend was pretty good for training, Saturday was a easy swim in the morning followed by a cycling session doing some TT's and some power tests. I was lucky to have a pretty good friend out pacing me and doing some work in making sure that i kept myself honest. The data from the TT was all over the place but that Power Meter was sent back and the new one should arrive tomorrow thanks to my wonderful sponsors at Colonels Bikes.
Sunday was a Little more work with a 3.25 hour ride in some crazy windy conditions with a 1hour run and a few other festivities involving core/strength and watching the cowboys lose.
This week has been super busy as i am spending most of the week training/packing and attending some last minute Christmas Parties as well as a rumored beer mile but i haven't committed to that.
Key Workouts so far this week, if you want to call them key have been a long run with 50mins tempo zone 3 restrictions so mid 160's averaged between 550-6mins with my nifty garmin. I am happy with those paces considering i was really holding myself back. It was over 13 miles in the 90minutes with a warm up and cool down so a good start to the week. A few swims, nothing special one of the swims was 10x150m at race pace on short rest. Another key interval session on the bike but nothing special. The rest of the week will have some good volume before i head back to the cold weather. I have had some neck problems lately that was a case of sleeping wrong but luckily Dr. Roberson saw me yesterday for a few adjustments and my great massage therapist Tim i will be seeing tomorrow, so hopefully i wont have any pain.
I have been seeing some great results in the weight room with my strength to weight ratio so i am hoping this will help me out a little come race season.
Other than that not too much to chat about. I should have some pictures from this upcoming weekends festivites but i will try to get away with drinking diet cokes and see if anyone notices while we are out.
Carley and i will be attending a few christmas parties when i am back so i will probably be eating salad for January and Februrary before the first training camp begins to make sure i dont look like Jan Ulrich pre camp days when arrive.
Have a wonderful week and be safe but aim high!

No comments: