2/23/2008

Run like an animal, Dont run like me!!


Well, here is how it went. Hilly 0 degrees, its 60 now but cold this am. Did a 10k wu to simulate running fatigued. Ran on pace with leaders for good half the race, at 10miles i was on pace to run 1:12 i was 55 something. I dont know if my glycogen was short but i started to fade, feel good about fitness. Died on the way home but took some risks running 5:15-5:20 pace for most. The hills ate me for breakfast. Finished the race my dad had me at 114 and change i had 115 on my watch, but after i was done i was getting my chip cut off putting my flats on shooting the bull with my dad, and this jolly old mate comes over and say's did you race the half. And i said yes sir, and he said nice work 5mins later he comes back while i was about to run,and had to go find my chip to throw on the matt. I went across the 10k mat. Weird finish with two mats, lots of races going on. Well nice cooldown to think about things, oh ya and clean my vommit from mile 10 off of me. And now i am on the bike for along ride. Not sure what went wrong but the legs didnt feel snappy and my last few miles were over 6min pace, when i was contimplating stoping at Peiwei on 7th street before that long hill. Happy that i can pull off that time tired and in the offseason, i am getting really comfortable running 5min-5:15min pace so i am really going to have to step up the speed on the 10k's this year. No excuses. Well i took some risks today, racing tired but so what, as Mr. SQW would say no Risks no Anthym . I also forgot what Simon used to call me at swimming but it was had something to do with a wick and burning fast or something. SO i am sure once i am rested and have some flats and everything goes my way i will run 1:10, or faster. Well no Coldstone for me the standard was 1:10 and i blew to pieces. Oh well i will reward my self with a long ride, and no food. Just joking about the no food part.

Thanks for reading,

and remember if there are two mats read the signs.
Cheers,

No comments: