2/01/2008

Winter Storms Suck

http://news.aol.ca/article/Wicked-Winter-Storm-Blankets-Ontario/77614/

Ontario is getting smoked with storms right now and i am thank full i am not stuck in the storms or in any of the delays going on. Its been nice this week having my parents in town i have been eating rediculusly healthy because my mom is very into nutrition so i am sure the most un healthy thing i had this week was cous cous and that is pretty dang healthy to me. Oh well training has been going well.
Monday- was a big swim and a tempo run
Tuesday-i did a great power interval workout on my compu trainer however i am feeling the love. 2hours on a compu trainer is demanding but i am sure the time will pay off. There was also a run and swim on tuesday nothing too crazy.
Wednesday- Big swim workout with fast. it was a big 3000m warmup and then the sprint fun started, i am starting to see a trend in start speed swimming on wednesdays. Anyway i shared a lane with Barratt Brandon a US elite triathlete from Fort Worth. He is a pretty cool cat and is getting ready for Olympic trials so we have been doing a few workouts. He kept me honest swimmign and made me workhard to try and stay with him on the sprints, i havent sprinted in a while, but by the end of it i was starting to feel a bit better. I also find it difficult sprinting when my legs are tired from riding and running but regardless it was nice to work hard. I did along ride wednesday.
Thursday- Big run interval day i did a 20k run workout with 1k,2k,2k,2k,1k at 10k pace or faster it felt easy but the rest was short so by the end i was feeling it and after the run cooldown. I did an easy recovery spin on my computrainer starting to get used to everything, next week i hope to have the soft wear going that Computrainer was so nice to send me. I am really excited about this sponsorship because right now cycling is my week link in 70.3 racing.
Today is a recovery day just a 5k swim and stretch and i am planning on going out for some mexican food at Catina Laredo with my parents tonight before i take them to go to the airport where they are heading to Cabos for a couple weeks.
I have a big weekend planned and it will start out tommorow am with a 4hour plus ride with Barratt and Chance.

No comments: