4/04/2008

4 workouts in 24hours back to the groove


Easing Back into a Progressive workload, my legs seem fairly recovered from race. I think my stomach didn't allow me to run fast so i didn't do too much damage on the run.

I have had a good few days, of training it hasn't been to much volume but allot of intensity so i am relatively tired. Next week is going to be a great week, Carley is coming in for a couple of weeks, and i will be doing a couple of races that i will train through in hopes to win a little bit of cash, well at least cover the entry fee and maybe a dinner, but with the training i have been doing, i am sure i will be pretty tired come next week.

Monday- 3500m swim flush, UN pack from trip. I arrived in the middle of night and didn't know where someone was leaving a vehicle for me. Needless to say Sunday night i spend most of the night searching terminal C for a vehicle that was parked in terminal D.


Tuesday- Still pretty easy, 3hour ride, and a 30minute shuffle.


Wednesday- Back into it, Wednesdays morning hard threshold swim, 100,200,300,400,500,400,300,200,100- all with 100ez after each, but a little frustrated from race, i absolutely hit it, and at one point on the way back down the ladder i think the life guards were contemplating pulling me out with one of those sticks, i didn't get hit with a dingy so i was still moving well. There was some other stuff, but i swam well and i am happy with the way i am swimming, i need to get out and do some open water speed to make sure i can translate that speed to open water.

Afternoon- Big wu, then 31miles at 240watts, working on technique with jack, then a cool down and a flat tire, i was sort of glad i got a flat.


Thursday- 3 workouts today,

am little 60minute run before breakfast.

during the day at work on compu trainer, i did 1.5hour with lots of power intervals, i was pretty fired up and told my self to suck it up almost every interval. It was allot of intervals and it hurt.

So at work the rest of the day i tried to rest up for swim workout, that had a 300pull for time, and a 400free swim time. 300with buoy no paddles pb of 3:31 not bad, but blew to pieces for some reason on 400free. The hole swim i kept telling myself to man up and racing with the big boys isn't easy.

Friday(this am) so this is #4 workout in 24hrs. Supposed to be steady intervals on track, but thunderstorms and tornado like weather forced me to go to tready down the street.

I had a good run and my legs felt relatively good, My goal was not to hit it to hard but to run kms at half marathon pace, since i did just race.

tready 7x3.5mins with 1min rest First 4@11.5mph at 1incline, last 3@12mph at 2%, i have always ran well on treadys but today was a good one. I lost a lot of liquid, and a man did bring over a fan that almost blew me off the treadmill but it was a great workout, and regardless of weather it was 10miles with a lot of fast running. the last couple of intervals at 12mph made me think i was going off the back, but i didn't and i lived. A good chat with Richard afterwards, and a smoothie and i was feeling good.

The rest of the weekend and next week will be big. Carley is flying to town on Friday night, so i am excited for all of the Mexican food that i am going to eat. It will be fun to get out and see some movies, i am getting sick of going to bed at 8pm, but when working and training i need to make sure i get enough sleep, and recovery usually takes up all of my spare time.

I hope all is well with everyone, i am already getting my pop corn ready to watch the world cup in Nz. I want to wish Jenkins,Tich, Jones good luck, i am not sure who else i forgot i am not sure if Brent is racing. Sorry for the blurry pic but my, my vision was pretty blurry there as well.

Thanks for reading,

No comments: