4/10/2008

Motivation, and Damage!!

Yesterday afternoon, after a blistering hard run workout in the am, i felt pretty fatigued and didn't feel like swimming. I played with it in my head all day long as i knew the set that i was going to do and it was hard, and there were no easy routes out of the set. I contemplating giving my self challenges, like make the times or no dinner. Well then Carley mentioned well that is good idea, so you will go from worse to worse. So then Chocolate was on the line, and that was a good challenge for me.
She sent me a txt saying "Life isn't about finding yourself, Life is about Creating yourself." So i went to the pool and had the swim workout of the year.
The plan was a hard AT swim with 15-20rest, and 10' on the 100's.
It was over before i knew it. These times arnt world class for swimming, but they are starting go get me in better position for triathlon but its in the right direction for me as i haven't swam this fast yet. The hardest part was it was 2,000m with little rest. I also told myself that i am not racing an Itu race till i am swimming fast, and running 31minutes. So doing the work is paying off, i may not be at an ITU race till late in the season but at least i will be ready to rock when i go. These are in meters not yards, because i already know a few people that will be chearping me.

2x400 15" rest (4:50,4:52)
2x300 15' rest (3:40,341)
2x 200 15' rest (2:21,2:18)
2x100 10'rest (1:09,1:07)
Any way's good swim, good run in the tornado aftermath this am for an hour with some strides. And a swim(technical). Tonight iam riding for 90mins easy, and tomorrow morning a decent swim and it will be time to rest for 1.5 days. I am excited but tired. Carley is flying in tommorow so i hope that being excited and having her here, will let me rise above the feeling tired legs.
That leaves me with another good quote that was sent to me when i was complaining of racing tired.
" If you want to win a race you have to go a little berserk. "Bill Rodgers
Thanks for reading,

No comments: