4/09/2008

Dear Legs I am Sorry Part 2



I am not very good at math but, i think this formula, adds up. Gomez= So fast! Guy is unreal, motivating to watch. I am getting my popcorn ready for World Cup #3. Looking for SQW to take the W. I have some work of my own this week. Train stupid hard and smart, i need to add in the smart part. And then end the two week block with a half ironman on the weekend. Ya sounds like a good way to spend Sunday. Anyways last week was a wicked week of training and this week has gone good, here is the break down so far, losts of quality, will be happy to race fast on sunday but the goal of sunday is to have a good bike split, and win enough money to take Carley and I out for dinner. With the way i am training we may be eating rice.

Anyways the race pays 5 deep so i will have to pace my self a bit.
Monday- Was okay i was tired from weekend, but there was a recovery ride and little run, then a swim workout at night that was a killer.
SEt was 7x 100 So fast(1:05-1:07) Short rest then 2x50 faster on 50. So after the 7th set i was pretty full of lactic acid. THen a bunch of 300's decending, it took a few for me to get into it, almost didnt make the pace time on the first few.
Tuesday- AT Run on trail, was hard but not stupid, later big ride 2.5 or so with 75minutes at race pace wattage, and then a bunch of single leg drills, 1mile each leg, 1/2mile between, then a long cooldown.

Wednesday- Today track workout was 5x800fast, good run, i am running well, but it doesnt matter what you do in training if you cant man up on race day. I am looking forward to resting for some races later on. But right now its all about doing the work.

Later on threshold swim, should be a good one, i know what is on the plan, and its going to hurt. I will report later in the week how it went or if the life guards have to pull me out. 2x400,2x300,2x200,2x100. Short rest hit it.

Right now i am wobbling around, like i got run over by 800's this am. Lucky i have my badass SL3S socks on. I better wear them next weekend at the Fort Worth Zoo 10k or Carley may beat me. She runs fast! Another side note, Matty's inteview on Slowtwitch is good and funny.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/Boom_Boom_Matty_Reed__308.html

No comments: