4/21/2008

Busy Days, Zoo Run, Aquarium, Arts Festival

Well it has been a busy week to say the least, i spend the beginning of the week recovering from the PlayTri Half, the rest of the week training and being busy. With Carley here all week there was no shortage of things to do and i am exhausted. On Saturday i won the Fort Worth Zoo Run 10k, it is a very hilly course and it felt like i was doing hill repeats for 10k. Last year it was a slow course and i ran 35mins and won, this year was even harder with some added hills and i ran 34.04. I even got lost i followed a road that went left because there was a big aero and ran up the road to realize that i had made a wrong turn and i no longer had motorcycle support at the front, i looked at my watch so i could see how long it took me to get back, it took me 23 seconds to run back to wear i made the wrong turn. So all in all i ran i would say 33:15 which was about what i thought i would run on a hilly course. The first few miles were very hilly but i was able to negative split the run, having some fun with my new pink socks. Happy with the way i am running because it was not a fast course and the first few miles were about 1minute slower per mile than usual because it was up hill. Anyways there is a pick of me goofing around near the finish line, and Carley was pissed because i turned back to look, and she missed a good pic. The race started at 7am so it was a fun packed day, the 10k race was the first of my training followed by a ride, no awards for me and i will have my endurox on the bike. After my ride Carley and i went to ihop for an omelet, and then off to Dallas Aquarium for a few hours. The picture of Carley and i was me trying to take a pic. So After the aquarium, it was off the mall for Gf time and shopping for my mom. At this point, my legs hate me, and i was looking forward to icing. I was fine until the end of the trip at the mall when we were just on our way to eat and Carley had to try on some summer dresses, along story short i was curled up with some old ladies on a chair waiting for Carley to show me all the dresses.
Finally out of the mall we are off to dinner, but running out of fuel we just make it, after dinner a small dessert at Cold stone, well maybe not that small and off to bed. All week was action packed with the Art Festival down town, Carley and her obsession with eating Mexican every single night, and racing and training.
I am looking forward to getting back into a big week with not too many distraction until the weekend, when my dad will be in town.

No comments: