7/07/2008

July 4th and Recovery


This week was all about recovery and taking care of my toe. Training consisted of a lot of light work, and some high cadence spinning on the bike. The weather was great and it was enjoyable. I slept 10 hours each night and over the last 4 days i had 4x1.5-2.ohour naps. So i am ready to start the next block of training. My foot is healing nicely, and i am caffeine free and pain killer free for the last week. I had a great long weekend, which was uneventfull, i went to a few grill outs at my buddy Chances new house. Friday afternoon after one of my long naps, i received a call about grilling out, which led to me and Chance building a BBQ. The instructions said under 1hour so we were up for the challenge. So with 2 people we determined that should be roughly 30-40Min's. Well I enjoyed my Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus beer, but it took 2hours and we still didn't get any of the attached burners working. Regardless, it was fun times and i managed to only have 1 beer over 4 days, pretty impressive i thought. This weekend was just what i needed to get back focused and looking forward to some good hard work ahead. I feel 10x better now that i am not taking antibiotics and i no longer have a fever or any pain in my foot. Besides watching the tour i watched a great movie called " The Cleaner" with Samuel L Jackson. This weekend should be action packed so i will post soon.

No comments: