7/18/2008


Things have been going well. I feel like i am riding in the Tour de SattleSores, because of riding every day but enjoying every minute. Tuesday was a good hard tempo run, swim and long ride with big gear work on the climbs. Wednesday was a great day after a run and swim session in the am, where i sprinted like a madman, the evening i did a really hard interval session on the bike with Mike Yates. That Mate can fly and is a champ for keeping me honest in the 100degree weather. So leaving the workout with Bloodshot eyes and my dirty tour play off beard i have been growing. Someone thought i was homeless at 7-11 and tried to give me change to eat. I may have been dehydrated and looked like i was strung out on something but after some recovery iwas good. Thursday good day mostly base, run in am , recovery swim, and then a zone 1 ride around the lake, i am feeling good on the new bike setup (Seriously Call Doug@Colonels). My legs are good for the rest of the week due to a great massage i had yesterday from Tarp. If anyone needs a good massage in Fort Worth; Tarp is the man for sports massages and he has a wheel barrel full of experience from working on Elite runners at TCU and triathletes for many years. Not to mention Active Sport sport and spine was ranked#1 in Texas for getnr done.
This morning was a good practice for the books, big wu, then right into the meat and potato's or the Texas chips and queso part of the workout. 1500m Time Trial, 200ez, 100m Time Trial, 100ez, 50m kick time trial. Well i swam as fast as i did in college for the 1500m in a hot pool from a push while tired during a workout. Then for the 100m i swam fast and impressed my self. So with my head in the gutter i had 50m hard kick left, so i thought why not try and break a personal best. So i set a new YMCA, warm hot pool, tired from workout, flimsy kick board, noodle in my lane, aqua fit class going on on the other side of pool, 50m kick personal record of 39seconds, not bad for me at the end of a hard workout. So after a really long swim down, i was able to get my core temperature down.
Tonight is some more time on the bike, with some high cadence work, because if you want to win you gotta spin, unless you Jan Ulrich. But i guess he didnt win in the end.
I need to thank Kervin Quinones from Rotor for sending me some sweet oval Q-Rings to throw on my bike. I will post a picture later in the week. I am looking forward to the added improvements and decreased dead spots in my cycling stroke, resulting in some jezzy free speed. http://www.rotorbike.com/
This weekend will be big but it is what it is, so why stay in bed and watch cartoons if you can be out playing on your bike and being healthy.

No comments: