7/31/2008

In Canada with a Dirty Beard



I am back in Canada, after a long day of travel and an early morning. I am about to start a big two week block of training to get ready for a series of races coming up. It may kill me but it will be enjoyable, its great to see Carley but she isn't happy with me not shaving so i spent an hour trying to clean my self up. Training this week has gone great, and i will hopefully post some great pictures for Chance who needs to see what trees and lakes look like.
I am a little tired to day but here is what training has been this week.
Monday- hard threshold swim in the am, afternoon was recovery with Chiro and Massage.
Tuesday- In the morning had a great hard treadmill run with 5x6min intervals, with short rest.
In the afternoon i did a long ride with some big ring and slow cadence hill work to build some strength.
Wednesday- In the morning was a recovery swim with drills and some aerobic workout. In the afternoon was a great session with Mike. He came out to pace me in his car for some fast bike intervals, 2x20mins on my new favorite loop with some great hills. Riding in zone 4 for 2x20mins hit me pretty good, but my new position and pedals are amazing from Doug @ Colonels.
Today my travel started at 630am with a flight to Toronto, then a wait before i flew to Sudbury.
When i arrived Carleys Dad Gary picked me up, it was nice to feel some average temperatures. I did a little 75min loosen up run around the lake and up threw laurentian University. I don't know how many times i have ran around that loop while i went to school here. The next few days will be 5-6 hours each day so it will be so fun. I am not sure what's in plan for tonight, but hopefully it isnt as painfull as shaving today.

No comments: