2/07/2009

Best and Worst Day

Friday wasn't a typical day. I woke up feeling like i got run over by a mac truck but i had expectations for the day's training and data to load into training peaks. I would describe my training day as hopping into a shower with fresh saddle sores. It wasn't the training volume it was the lack of motivation and the fatigue that set in. It was my best day of training so far in 09 for a few different reasons, i didn't set any personal bests, and i sure didn't feel good or fast. It was the best day because i got the work done when i didn't really want to do a single thing.
Friday was a masters swim of 5k in the morning. I didn't really feel like swimming and i sure wasn't expecting a 400 for Time a 200 for time and a 100 for time. So i was happy with myself to get in the water and get the workout done and try as hard as i can, even going as fast or faster than i did when swimming at University. Then for the next workout, i had hill repeats on the schedule, 15.75miles of fun running with some hard efforts. It took me a little to get out the door but when i got it done i was happy. Then later on i did a 90minute ride with 2x20mins of high cadence and high power. 100Rpm and i didnt get a long Friday but when i was done and it was 5hours logged for the day, it was a sigh of relief knowing that it was done. Later on Carley and i saw Mall Cop at the theatre and it was hilarious. So one thing friday did for me was build some character after a hard week, because for me these are the days that are important, the days that you have to suck it up and get it done.

No comments: