2/23/2009

Levi = Awesome!

This month has been cruising along nicely. Time flys when your freezing your butt off i guess. Last week was some what of a recovery week, i had a couple of really easy days, followed by some good workouts. Thursday was a 20min TT Field Test (ouch!) on the bike to test some power data and my power to weight ratio seems to be pretty good for February but i am still spinning to high of cadence as Coach Dan noticed when i uploaded it into training peaks. I also had a good run session on Saturday morning after a swim workout; the tready session was a warmup followed by 45minutes zone 3 (10.8-11.0mph) with a few different inclines to simulate some rolling hills, followed by a warmup, near 12miles in 70minutes. Sunday was a good brick with some low cadence work. This morning kicked off a good start to the week with a 4k swim to work on start speed and pace, 4x (4x50fast on 45, 200(1500pace)on 3o"rest). I took some risks and the short rest made me pop a bit.
The highlight of the week was watching Levi and Lance in Cali tearing it up, i am already excited to watch the tour this year.
A few more good days of training ahead and i leave for Maui for training camp 1. I am very excited and grateful for this opportunity to join these great athletes. I am sad that Carley won't be able to come but we have had a great couple of months here and i am sure she is tired of listening to me complain about the weather.

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'" - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

1 comment:

William Ritter said...

Have fun and Maui! Show'em what ya got man

My hammie is getting better, It looks like I'll start again tomorrow ow Wednesday.