2/05/2009

This week has been my biggest volume week so far in 09, but that's not saying too much as i can't ride outside because of all of the snow and the cold temperatures. I have made the best of it, and with a great training partner we have had a great time in the cold. Well here is the week so far;
Monday- Recovery day!
Tuesday- Swim, Bike, Run, Weights/Core
Swim- Varsity workout in am 5000m -- nothing to Crazy!
Bike- 90minutes of big gear, slow cadence work.
Run- Threshold run with a mainset of 45' @ 5:45-6mins, hrt 160 followed by 45minutes of weights/core.
Wednesday- Swim, Bike, Run, Swim,
1st swim was a main set of 2x7x200m with some short rest on 2:45 and 2:35 turnover.
Bike-90' Threshold Bike, with 3x10mins @ zon3, with 3ez. (303,314,318watts) i was happy with hrt 158-164.
Run- 1hour base run
2nd Swim- 80mins that was a pull/strength swim with 6x300pull on 4mins
Thursday- Run/Bike/Swim/weights
45' base run before breakfast *almost ended up in hospital because of not wearing proper gear
Bike-90' recovery ride at 229watts nothing serious
Swim- Great swim with Ryan with a main set of 20x50m sprint on 1minute, holding 31-32's.
Weights/core- 45'
Well i wish i was in Texas as my parents are there visiting, but i am sure my Mom would strangle me because of the bike grease on the carpet at their condo. So i will have to put up with the cold for a couple more months. A good note is its supposed to be well over zero for the next couple of days, and a bad note Carley just stole my Vega bag that I got today. I was too tired and she beat me chasing me around the house so i guess she wins! I had her dodging through the living room furniture, but she flew down the stairs and caught me before I reached the bottom. So i guess the cool Vega environmentally friendly bag is hers!
I'm off to eat some delicious chicken and veggies that Carley is preparing!

2 comments:

Buddy Green said...

1500Fr 16:30 tonight...nice and easy, no one within 2minutes

Brent Poulsen said...

Hey Buddy Congrats on a great swim!
you could have emailed me to tell me?
Good luck at the rest of the meet.
Brent