2/01/2009

January

Friday and Saturday beat me up a bit. Friday was a 14mile run with 6x Corsi Hill Repeats hard. After that it was a swim session with Ryan at the university. Later on that day i was stretching while Carley was working out at the gym, and i met New Years Resolution Johnny. I knew I was tired but I watched Johnny stand by the treadmill and crack a red bull and down it all. He then got on the treadmill in his flip flops and started walking very slow on a huge incline while holding on to the top of the tready for dear life. At this point I was not sure if i should have loaned him my shoes or called an ambulance on standby!
Saturday- early morning swim with Varsity with a lot of race pace swimming including 3x300, 6x100, 2x100dive. After the swim I had another 1hour 40minute run with 15miles this time, the last 10kms where at 5:45-6minute/mile pace depending on the hills. Running a hard 6miles on snow near half marathon pace was a fun challenge.
Well Saturday ended the month of January, and its been my best January for a while staying healthy logging some miles:
118,300m in the pool; 21hours of cycling, 320kms of running; averaging 21+hours a week.
February Starts today and i am just having a bowl of Quinoa hot Cereal waiting for one of my training mates to come over and ride. I would like give a shout out to Dave for throwing it down in the 5k yesterday in Texas, nice work man. Later on i will be Betty Crocker preparing the house for our guests, i wish the boys were playing today but in respect to some friends it will be a "go stealers go" party, sorry Romo!

No comments: