1/17/2009

Mexican Night to get me through the cold!



Mexican Food Makes me happy. I am still alive so all of the swimming/running has not killed me but the cold weather has taken its toll so we prepared some spicy queso and tacos for dinner Friday night after a long day. The past few days since Wednesday have gone well and the temperature is rising and i am hoping for an above freezing temp by the end of the week.
Thursday- Swim with Varsity in the morning. Coach Phil put up a solid set for Ryan and I to do as the team was heading to a meet so they had a light workout. It was a 2 hour practice with 16x100m mainset that was tough. Later in the day was another base run and some core to recover from Wednesday.
Friday- Wasn't a very fun day. Swam in the morning with Masters and Coach Mike put up a threshold stinger to work on start speed with 50's and 100's at 200pace. After the swim session I cleaned, vacuumed and washed Carley's hardwood floors (that was a workout in its self.) Mid-day I did a 14mile hilly run outside with some repeats of a few hilly loops i have near the University.
After the run their was enough time for a quick nap and some more cleaning before heading back to the pool for another swim session with a mainset of 10x250m pull/strength and then it was a Mexican Fiesta at Carley's house which ended with me falling asleep pretty early.
Saturday- a 2hour swim in the am with the squad nearly 7kms, and I just finished up a 80minute progression run on some rollers with the last 25minutes at zone 3 running 550-6minute pace for the most part so it was a good day today. Carley and I are going to see some Benjamin Button movie so I am hoping I can squeeze in a nap at the flick with the movie being nearly 3hours.
Tomorrow i have a solid bike and run with Ryan, thankfully the swimming is done for the week as this morning put me over 35,000m.
Chow Down!

No comments: