1/29/2009

This and That....

It's Superbowl week and things are super busy as Carley and I are having a party on Sunday night. So this week sort of has a happy ending once the training is done of course.
This week has been pretty similar to the last two weeks with a lot of Swimming/Running. The cycling will pick up at the end of February in Maui.
So the last few days have been okay but the next few will hurt.
Tuesday- Swim, Run, Swim, Weights.
First swim was with Varsity in the am with a few good main sets one was 6x200m on 3mins @Threshold pace, followed by another set that was 10x50hypoxic, 50(200pace) for a 5k session.
The run was an easy base run 7 miles with some strides.
The second swim of the day was a good one with a main set of 16x100 on short rest, I was happy as I was holding under 110 until the last 2. Not fast swimming for swimmers but a good step for me with tired arms. After that was some weights and core.
Wednesday- Swim, Run, Bike, Swim
Swim in the am was a 4700m practice with masters, i was sort of tired and a long kick set made things a bit easier to wake up. After that I met up with Ryan for an easy 8 mile run with some speed pickups, but still a base run.
The cycling workout was some good intervals and high cadence work it was nice to work on some efficiency.
The second swim was 3.5kms of technical swimming with a 400kick for Time. I joined up with Mike Coughlin to make the time go by. Pretty wasted at the end of today.
Thursday(today)- Swim, Weights and Core, Run
This morning was a good 5700m swim with Varsity it wasn't too crazy a bit of speed as they have a big meet next weekend. Then weights and core for one hour. Later in the day a longer base run on horrible footing. A pretty easy to get ready.
The next few days will be fun, knowing there is some Mexican Queso during the party. Carley has been feeding me well and i sure wouldn't be able to do the training i am doing with out her by my side. Thanks babe!

1 comment:

Buddy Green said...

Hey Brent,

Looks like the training is going good. To bad you're to busy to hook up for some sessions and push each other. It's all good though cause I know Ryan is really fast... Did I tell you I got a new coach? It's great having someone push you and not that long distance email crap and he's worked with a couple olympians...and all the contacts he has are great because you should see the HUGE sponsorship deals he's getting me.
And dude I just wanted to thank you and the wife for inviting Lea and I to your party tomorrow, that was really nice of you but unfortunately we wont be able to make it.
Keep up the hard work cause those swim times your nailing are fast and before you know it you'll be swimming like a Pro!