1/24/2009

Run Pics





"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." -Oprah Winfrey
Here are some pictures of my progression run this afternoon. I put in a hard effort to finish in zone 3 and held a pretty good average over the 11miles. So today I treated myself to a hot chocolate post run and I also used this to bribe myself to get out the door for my run session.
Carley took some wicked pics as she was out playing with her camera while i was running. I put the coolest pic she took today as my top picture because I thought it was super cool that she took a picture of me running in her review mirror. It turned out so neat. She almost got in a couple of head of collisions while trying to be artistic with her camera, luckily I would warn her when I car was coming so she had enough time to move into her own lane. Today was one of those days where everything seemed hard.
This mornings swim was 6k and had a few different mainsets but it was one of those sessions that nothing seemed to go easy. Every athlete knows those days when pace times and sets seem to fly by and hitting times is fine, but today was the opposite. I had to bite my lip a few times and just do the swim and go home. The nice thing about big weeks is they have to finish up eventually. This afternoon went well sort of, mostly because it is now over. My legs were cranky from all of the running and my heart rate was very low on the run forcing me to run very hard for the last 25 minutes to keep it in zone 3. I am excited now because Carley and i are going to see a movie at our favorite theatre that charges 2.00 for movies. The only thing better than that today would be if the snow machine just sitting on the side of the road that i ran by had a key in it to take me home sooner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo dude,

are you posting your pics on slowtwitch also because there's a bunch of the same one's from your blog on there of you and carley and ppl are saying some pretty nasty things...just a heads up

Brent Poulsen said...

i dont post pictures anywhere,where and what are you talking about. And the second anonymous post about me having a job, yes i have had one for 2years full time since university, so if you have some sort of problem or issue with me this blog isnt the place.

Colin said...

That looks like my jacket ... I want it back!

Brent Poulsen said...

June gave me that jacket its my favorite coat. That coat would be a belly top on you. Hey email me pics of your dog?

Anonymous said...

Those are wicked pics of you running, carley is a great photographer. Anonymous is scared to say who he really is so probably a chump wanting to beat you, let the fire be your fuel dude. I am excited about your season you have ahead.