8/05/2008

Day 5






After a good 25 hour training week with a easy day and travel day, Monday was a great recovery day at Carley's Cottage. After Sunday's good hard swim in the open water to top off a 6 hour day of training I felt a bit rough. Luckily the sun came out and we were catching some rays on the boat and seadoo. This week will be a great week of training as long as the weather stays nice. This morning I rode 5.25 hours at a good steady effort and pace, I incorporated lots of long hard climbs to start mentally getting ready for Muskoka. After the ride it was another great blended lunch of fruit and hemp protein and other goodies followed by a little rest and then I was off to a hard swim. The main set was 6x200m at MRP and then some hard 50's. I had a to flex my ribs for the lifeguards to let me finish my swim due to crazy T-storms, but it was logged and another good 6 hour plus training day to start the week. This week I will be doing a big swim/bike focus to give my legs a bit of a rest from running. The past few weeks I have had some great intensity and mileage running.

No comments: