8/13/2008

recovery week

Things have been going well in the dirty south. I feel a little like Carley has invaded my blogging but that is good, because i have been to tired. She is more like the graphic designer so i have a feeling my pictures are slowly being removed. The last two weeks were great but it is time to let myself recover before i tackle another two weeks. The past two weeks i had 12days of training with 2 travel days. I swam 10x, Biked 11x, and ran 10x for 52 hours of work. I was really happy with my 1,010kms logged in the 12days of cycling. I am feeling more than ready to step up at Muskoka 70.3. Florida i semi steeped up coming 7th, i swam well and biked well, but faded on the run. Buffalo springs i had an injured foot, but since then things have gone really well, and my form is starting to show. This week i am taking things really easy and chilling like this panda in the photo however i will have ice in my bath water.
Not much has gone on for training a few workouts so far, but nothing to write home about other than a threshold swim with some 100's and a pretty good fartlek run. I also had some massage work done on Monday from the Tarpmaster so my body is starting to come around. I wish i was going to Nationals in Kelowna, but i had to pick and choose my battles and doing well in Muskoka and some other races later on in the year were my goal. Kelowna was always a fun race but with the Olympics going on it would have been a good Nationals to race at.

No comments: