8/18/2008

Focus


Good Recovery week but timed to get focused. With 4 weeks till Muskoka70.3, i feel the strongest and fastest i have ever been. I have time to get in a few more weeks with a some rest leading into Muskoka. Alister has done a great job over the last few months making sure i will be able to swim fast, and hang with the lead pack on the bike, i have done allot of work but its not over. All and athlete can do is step up to the plate and do there best and have a lot of fun along the way. Last week i received my pro invite for the US OPEN Triathlon. Last year i raced in the US OPEN and it wasn't bad but wasn't good. The funny part of it all was Simon didn't go and by accident they gave me his cap and i didnt realize it till about to start. After a quick change of a cap, they introduced the athletes and by accident they introduced me first in front of Greg Bennett, Hunter Kemper, Craig Walton, Matt Reid, just to name a few. So after the stresses of the beginning of the race and loosing my goggles, and a very fast race it was done. I remember seeing Emma on the run, thinking man she is running way faster than i am right now. Yesterday she won the Race in Beijing, with a amazing run split. I will have to see how my training goes after Muskoka because Austin 70.3 is the same weekend as the US OPEN. Either race will be amazing, but will have to see what Alister thinks. Either way hi heard Hugh Dawgg was coming Texas for either race, which will be beauty. Want to wish the boys good luck, i will be dialing into some Beijing Action this evening. I may have to tape the race because it is time to get focused and between Phelps and gymnastics action i have had too many late nights.

No comments: