8/10/2008

Sudbury ---> Orillia ---> DFW




Saturday was my last morning in Sudbury and it consisted of a 5 hour ride followed by an afternoon and evening in Orillia with my parents before flying back to DFW today. The ride was extremely wet and it turned out to be 5.25 hours as I decided to make progress and ride towards Orillia, and have Carley pick me up and continue the remainder of the trip by car. The first pic is of me after the ride, followed by me and Car on our way to Orillia.
We arrived in Orillia in the early afternoon and had a great visit and dinner with my parents. The third pic is a shot from my parents deck at night, it's quite impressive. I flew back to DFW very early this morning. I arrived here at noon and went for a 75 minute run to loosen up the flight legs. It was 100 degrees at this time of day and for the first time I really felt the heat. It was a big change from the Canadian summer, especially the wet/cold one they are getting this year. After the run, I put my bike together and went for a little spin. Overall, the week was great spending time with Carley in Sudbury, having a quick visit with my parents last night and logging 27 hours of training with over 600 km of riding was an excellent vacation. I am excited for next week's training to begin.

No comments: