3/10/2009













Aaron thanks again for the kewl Ed Hardy Shirt last night! At the team meeting and very good burrito Mexican night at Coach Lances house Aaron brought me a wicked shirt. I have never met someone who goes out of his way so much to help athletes get settled and cares so much in helping others reach there goals. Thank you Aaron! I have now reached my goal of looking like a rock star, Brent McMahon and i rocked out matching shirts today at our threshold swim session, but unfortunatly Dr. A swam masters this morning and didnt get to see it in action.
After a wicked weekend of training, Lance has given us 3 days of semi light training before he is going to hit us hard. We still have 7 workouts in 3 days but, really only the swims are hard, and the bike and runs are fairly aerobic. Yesterday a few of us headed out for a light open water swim at the ocean, even if me and my saggy red speedo almost got taken out to sea it was still a nice recovery.
Today started with a base run and some hill strides, followed by our threshold swim session with (8x50 followed by a 200)x3 hard with short rest. Even after a hard week i took a second or two of my 200's so that is good. After that we had a 1500 pull set and some kick and it was 5k logged. Getting home from the swim i had a box waiting from Colonels and i was pretty excited! (Thanks Doug, the small fits perfect!)
This afternoon was a light recovery spin with some crazy Maui winds. The plan was supposed to be 90mins easy but Coach Mark lead us on a tour of the island. That's it for today, here is to recovery we sure are going to enjoy the beginning of the week!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's the deal with the camo shorts man? All of you guys have them. Then the same shirts in the next picture? Are you planning your outfits together or what?

McDiesel

Brent Poulsen said...

lol, no man i didnt notice the shorts or i wouldnt have put up the pick. I knew you would notice these kind of things!!!

William Ritter said...

cool shirts...haha.

I was gonna get a Colonel tri suit but I'm on a tight budget so I'll have to wait 'till next year. I'ma about to hop on the trainer, we got some nasty weather here.