3/01/2009

the camp is rolling




Maui is rolling along. 2 flights of 6hours and a 5hour time change has took its toll. My training has been pretty aerobic and low key the first two days. Day 1 was a 3.25 hour ride with some steady climbs one of which was 40minutes up pacing with Brent McMahon and Justin Park. These guys are awesome athletes and i am sure we are going to get to know each other very well over our time here. After the ride it was a 40minute cruisey run off the bike. I was saved from Super Saturday as i had just flown in and the other guys and gals had been here to adapt to the time change. Last night was a team dinner at Lance and Marks Condo, a wicked dinner with all the athletes to talk about the camp and the expectations of us all. It was a wicked chat and i really absorbed some good information from all of the other great pros in the room. I crashed early as i was pretty tired and woke up this morning at 4am to go back to sleep. I am sure it will take a good 4days to get used to the travel before i can start hitting it hard.
Day2(today)- started with a 90minute good run in the cane fields with Brent and Justin and the group. My legs were a bit flat but i was told that is normal with all the travel and i kept at my own zone 2 pace. Most of the run seemed to be up hill which was great and challenging.
This afternoon was my first swim of the camp with a main set of 10x400m.
So nothing really to write home about; but this week will be the hardest week of my year so far with some crazy sessions. Well its time to get in shape and build the fitness i need to race fast this season. The pics above is our rental car from the bike shop, Mags and Justin have named it the Crapmobile, it picked me up at the airport so its all good to me. Maui has some amazing scenery but i havent had a chance to take any pictures but i will soon. Anyway's stay tuned for some awesome hard sessions and great photos! No matter how hard it is, its not as hard as trying to talk to a girlfriend that is 5hours away, that is tough. Mahalo!

2 comments:

Linsey Corbin said...

Sweet ride!!! :)

Unknown said...

that crapmobile reminds me of the Blueberry only a little bigger, but same idea! hahah
I miss you!
Love, Car