3/03/2009

Biggest and hardest day of 09!



Today Kicked my A$%! Fun on Monday came to an end on Tuesday. I must say i have never seen so many great athletes and coaches make these workouts and keep the athletes super motivated. All of the cheering and encouragement to all made it easier to get through the day. Before i explain the day i must say there is a reason these Lifesport athletes are wicked fast, they work hard and the program is awesome.
Terrible Tuesday turned into a Terrific Tuesday once it was done and i was stretching with a diet coke in front of me. Yeah i earned it!
Am- 30minute run with pickups
pool-2 hour swim(6500yrds) 1500 pace work with 4x50, 200 racepace x6 followed by 4x400pullpaddle, 800kick, Im set, and cooldown.
1pm- 2.75hour ride (yeah i bit the dust)- big warmup, 6x5minutes best avg *uphill windy and it was more like 6minutes with the wind. after some ore base to mainset2 (30minute TT). Yeah i was toast but i got it done with some lost water bottles a loose aerobar, and a foamy mouth. The only thing kept me moving in the wind is that i knew "The Corbinator" was coming. That's right she is so fast! Not just her but everyone is fast and fit, and super motivating individuals.
Off the bike at the secret park(800m loop grass), no secret i just forget the name. I drastically tried to find water, if there was a puddle i would have drank out of it. Starting off a little dehydrated and loopy we started the 5x5minute fartlek. 1st interval- felt good hung with the dudes(they move fast), brent and justin were out fast, so what do you do, just hope for the best and run on off them. Second interval, 3rd interval- ran a bit fast to keep them in touch. 4-5 i ran like i got hit by a mac truck. I had a few gi problems and i wanted to finish strong and standing. I knew i had to run a pace that would allow me to finish with out hitting the outhouse.
After that it was a cool down jog a ride home and the 6.25hour day was logged .
I felt like death, but my wicked roomies and teammates help each other out with preparing recovery shakes, icing and stetching.
Coming off base i am happy with some of the speed i have but i need to get stronger, but that is why i am here. A piece of humble pie won't hurt anyone. Stay tuned for Wicked Wednesday! i hope i can find something wicked about it.

2 comments:

William Ritter said...

gah! Wicked post dude! You make my hill repeats today on the tready nothing. I should have increased the speed. This week will be a lot of riding for me if I can get it all in with work and school going on. Keep posting it's motivating to read. Thanks!

Oh yeah Ive also entered the US Open in Dallas this October.

Brent Poulsen said...

Awesome man, nice work on the 5k i heard the conditions were crazy!